How to Fall Asleep Faster: 10 to 60 Seconds
Do you spend more time trying to sleep rather than sleeping? You’re not alone.
You become too hard on yourself for sleeping which causes a cycle of anxiousness, nerve-wracking energy that keeps our minds awake.
When our mind doesn’t sleep, it’s difficult for the body to follow. However, there are some scientifically proven tricks that you can follow and guide your body into the shut-eye moment.
Here are some tricks that can help you fall asleep faster:
How to fall asleep in 10 seconds
Generally, a person might need a magic spell to fall asleep as fast as 10 sec. However, just like spells, with consistency and practice, you can eventually achieve the target of the 10-sec spot.
The military method
- Just relax your entire face, including the muscles of your mouth.
- You need to drop your shoulders to release the tension so that your hands would fall to the side of your body.
- Practice exhalation and relax your chest.
- Relax your whole body, including your legs, thighs, and calves.
- Unwind your mind for at least 10 seconds by imagining a relaxation scene.
If these techniques don’t work for you, just try saying the word ‘Do not overthink’ for over 10 seconds. You’ll see that you’ll be able to fall asleep within 10 seconds!
Even after following all these techniques, if you’re not able to sleep, just work on the foundations of military breathing and muscle relaxation methods. Also, keep reading about more techniques based on how to practice them effectively.
How to fall asleep in 60 seconds
This method will focus more on your breathing and muscles, which will help you put your mind off and will put you back to your bed.
If you are trying to begin these hacks out, these techniques might take some time to work.
4-7-8 breathing method
If you mix the powers of meditation and visualization, these breathing techniques will become more effective with time. However, if you’re suffering from some respiratory issues, including asthma or COPD, you should consider consulting your doctor before beginning it, as this could alleviate your symptoms.
For the preparation, just place the tip of your tongue against your mouth’s walls, behind the front two teeth. Try and keep your tongue there all the time and purse your lips inside if you need to.
How to perform a cycle of 4-7-8 breathing
- Make your lips apart and create a whooshing sound as you breathe out through your mouth.
- Close your lips and breathe in through your nose, count 1-4 in your head and try to sleep.
- Try to hold your breath for 7 seconds.
- After, breathe out with a whoosh sound for at least 8 seconds.
- Try and avoid being too alert after each cycle. Instead, try and practice it mindlessly.
Complete this cycle for full four breaths. Let your body sleep if you feel relaxed earlier than anticipated.
Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR)
Progressive muscle relaxation, also known as deep relaxation, helps you loosen up.
It’s a trick recommended to help with insomnia. This movement is to make your muscles relax and release the tension. This movement promotes serenity all through your body. It is a trick that will help you in treating insomnia.
Before you start, just start practicing the 4-7-8 technique while imagining that tension is leaving your body as you exhale.
As you’re performing this, focus more on being relaxed and in a comfortable state.
These techniques will help you unwind and relax. However, if you’re not able to fall asleep even after performing all these techniques, you should book a home sleep test and get yourself checked.